View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Sponsor Images 
Site Admin

Post Sponsor Images
Here are the competition sponsor logos. If you have any problems with them please let me know. I've tried to accomodate various shapes for each logo, so I've included image sizes varying from 1024x1024 to 512x512. Also, some of the downloads below contain more than one logo graphic, for instance, Planetside has a white/blue and black/silver logo. Feel free to use whichever logo you feel suits your map better.

Remember: Only one (1) logo image from each download below is required in your map, although you can put more than that in if you want.

MaverickServers
Planetside
Sapphire
Autodesk
Crucial
AMD/ATI

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Post Re: Sponsor Images
Nice, we're all very happy that Autodesk didn't provide us with a banner with black BG and white text =) Like they have on their website...

And - all images that is not a power of two, i.e. 256x768 will be scaled down in the engine and thus lose quality. It's not a vise choice using those, stay with those with normal texture sizes!

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:07 pm
Site Admin

I can include a 256x256 version if you guys would like me to (as well as variants of that). How's that?

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Aha

Edit: And, when we start using these in our level, can we stop using the keywords then?

Last edited by hipshot on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:59 pm
Site Admin

a 256x256 version of the sponsor images, since right now they start at 512x512.

Just to be consistent, keep posting the secret words. It is good karma.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:20 pm
Site Admin

Just to update things I made a few changes:

-The Autodesk logo pack now includes a black background logo with white text.
-AMD/ATI logos are now available. The logos they have provided cover both companies, so you only need to have a single logo to represent AMD and ATI.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:12 pm

I think what really would be useful is, if we all put the logos into the same directory.
g0th and I use "logos". It's easier to repack and the textures are only used once...
If it's too much trouble for the others, then it'S fine.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:38 am

Mav asked me to post about this:

To provide visible sponsor images you should use this shader for the sponsor logos:

Code:
textures/yourmap/msg
{
      surfaceparm nomarks //weapon impact won't cause marks on the texture
      qer_editorimage textures/yourmap/MaverickServers_1024x512.tga //this is the texture displayed in the texture browser
      nopicmip //the texture is not affected by r_picmip
   {
      map textures/yourmap/MaverickServers_1024x512.tga //this is the diffuse map you will see ingame
   }
}

This shader is made for the maverickservers logo(1024x512) - you need to adjust it for every other logo and also replace "yourmap" with your map's specific textures folder which contains the sponsor logos.

Last edited by cityy on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

That's what I mean. If 12 people have all their separate folders you also have 12 times the size of logos... It would be so easy just to use the same logo folder like everyone else does. Let's say call it logos and use the same shader. No conflicts and Maverick could even provide a clean zip file with a textures folder in the next comp.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:09 am

I'm not so sure having a mutual "logos folder" is such a good idea. For one, you would have to include every logo submitted (in every size) because everyone is probably using a different one depending on their particular ad placement requirements, etc.

Also, I have modified the AMD logo (made it rectangular by adding additional black to the background as we were able to do in the last competition) and if other have done similar, it might cause one heck of a mess.

I understand where you are going with this as, having one unified download to reduce the file size of the map pack download, but this is something that should have been brought up during the first week of the competition, and not the last.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:37 am

You still need to dist around the logos per every level, or have a seperate pak for the logos and the latter is not happening, no one will download the logo pak and there will be a lot of checkers in the levels.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]