View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Start date change - please read 
Site Admin

Post Start date change - please read
I am finalizing the last sponsor right now and here is a (slightly edited) excerpt from their latest email:

Quote:
We are attending Quakecon, likely with our partner company, and we thought it would be great to try and sync up the contest with the show. This could get you some extra exposure as well as tie in nicely. We will have a booth in the exhibition area and we would like to have the winning maps there for people to be able to play on with our system set-up. With this in mind, we could promote the contest in all the usual channels, plus let people know that attendees at Quakecon can come by our booth and try out the winning maps. Quakecon is taking place Aug 12-15 so, we would need the winning maps (tested) by Aug 6 latest. Given you want to run the contest for 10 weeks, you would need to launch early. What do you think?

So...In an effort to meet the competition finish time of August 6th I am tentatively scheduling the competition to start one week early, on May 25th, and end on August 3rd. This will still give everyone 10 weeks of development time since I don't want to eat into that, however I don't know if there will be enough time to get the judging done before QuakeCon occurs. I hope everyone agrees that this is acceptable given that this schedule change will guarantee every finished map getting some awesome exposure, regardless of how well it does in the competition.

Note: because this change affects the start time it also changes the registration deadline. Make note that it is June 21st.

If anyone has any problems with this change please reply as soon as you can so I can get back to the sponsor.

Thu May 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Post Re: Start date change - please read
I'm fine with that, it's great idea (promotion at Quakecon) by the way! Both, the competition event, and winning maps can only profit from it.

Last edited by ShadoW on Fri May 21, 2010 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 20, 2010 3:13 pm
Profile WWW

who is the last sponsor?

Fri May 21, 2010 5:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That's the million dollar question. Hopefully I've saved the best one for last.

It'll be announced when the competition starts officially next week. I hope you're excited.

Fri May 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Im super excited! :mrgreen:

Fri May 21, 2010 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

Id will include winning maps in QL :P.

Fri May 21, 2010 2:03 pm
Profile WWW

ShadoW wrote:
Id will include winning maps in QL :P.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Fri May 21, 2010 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I forgot to mention, since this date change affects the start date this will also affect the registration deadline, which is now set to June 21st. I'd noted this on the mapping.maverickservers.com page as well and I'll go ahead and edit the original post here.

Sat May 22, 2010 12:00 am

Mav - are we obliged to show first builds (or anything at all) in the first week? I'm going abroad on monday, so I'll be totally out of reach intil friday/saturday. And I won't have time to start work on this next weekend. So tbh it's possible I won't ba able show anything until 2 or even 3 week of competition (I'm really overworked for last weeks). Hope it's not a problem.

Sat May 22, 2010 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Just to keep everyone legit I'll be forcing everyone to show screenshots from their editor and post it into their own mapping thread. If you don't have any development the first week(s) don't worry about it, just as long as your screenshots show progression from start (a basically empty editor) to finish (a completely finished map in the editor).

I'll explain things fully when things start on the 25th to make sure there isn't any confusion and everyone starts on a level playing field.

Sat May 22, 2010 5:59 pm

gg gl hf

May the best mapper win :)

Mon May 24, 2010 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]