View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:10 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master 
Author Message

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 8:45 pm
Posts: 142
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master
Oh, I think you can fix it. If you are still having the same problem after you fully enclose the map, you might have to do what I ended up doing (though mine was because of pretty detailed walls and door frames) and make all of your angled stuff detail as well and build caulk walls around the outsides of them.

It is a ton of work, I know, but in the end it will be worth it. If you've built the map with "doorways" or some other sort of choke points between areas, then you should be ok once you hint the map.


Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:05 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 76
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master
i'll give ya a beta to test today :D

you should note though.. that its not going to flow right.. missing a whole chunk of area..


Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:48 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 76
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master
beta - messy

im all over the place in this file.. changing some structureal.. adding revised pieces like the new teleporter well.. you'll see.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1gg4h0/n/sncymdm1.rar

woops socs tree is partially broken.. and now i know why it has bee not working when ive made changes to it.. a chlash.. i has the sockter tree instead of the plants_soc tree.. and had been modifying the duplicate script lol.. man thats a issue will be finally solved!

]


Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 76
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master
well ive had this beta available for two days now.. not a single comment...


guezs im not welcome here either... may as well abandon this project.

IVE looked at this.. and i feel the discrimination here is far too much to deal with..

my level wont win.. even though its very well done.. im a not appreciated or liked.. or understood.. and noone wants to like me.. do you....

theres little hope that any of you would ever truly love me. so whatever. i abandon my map. it will never be fninshed.


Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 am
Profile

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 82
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
Why such rush and quick decisions? Pretty much no level has real comments, so it's not only you. I don't think that anyone criticise you or your work, so I'm a little lost here. Don't want to be harsh for you, but I think that whole competition is a fun in first place, so take it a little more easy ;). No reason to not finishing this level!


Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:53 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 76
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
your not privy to the threats i get from maverick each day in my private messages. moderators delete my posts and threaten me privately.. pms.. and moderated (removed discriminative posts) are a handy way to hide ...disrespect..been worin on thid map all day every day.. what a waste of time.

the true(apparent) roots of importance here.. are not us mappers.

the only thing they care about is that they control us properly.

im a "villian" to maverick.. someone to bully and punish. I've been bullied more the past few days buy children who pretend to be adults... im tired of tryig to teach the child his mistakes without threatening him,.. while he teaches me he thinks everyting i say is a mstake.. and shows me he has the right to edit my contr4ibutions.

personally ive been threatened with consequence more than five times here already.

"if yo do that.. i will consequence you.."
"if you= then you will "earn punishment".. im not stupid.

punishment is not allowed to be earned. only bad people think punishment is good.

personally i bet he comes in here, deletrs all my threads and my account and says something like "we should forget that i was ever here, and o yeah forget about how i stereotyped him and discriminated too.. y.. why/ why did i think i had the right to bully one child into being an adult?

a child comes to a gaming site about fighting. everyone there says:
behave like a professional adult game designer!
dont fight!
dont play!
and dont talk back to us!

ANd please dont notice.. we all talk back to you.


Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 22
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
I'm sorry to hear that skinmaster. As for maverick, I think you're wrong. You're the only one who has these kind of problems.

skinmaster wrote:
your not privy to the threats i get from maverick each day in my private messages. moderators delete my posts and threaten me privately.. pms.. and moderated (removed discriminative posts) are a handy way to hide ...disrespect..been worin on thid map all day every day.. what a waste of time.


You make it sound like Mav is some psycho, but in fact he's trying to keep the forum a no-drama zone and apparently you're the only one who doesn't understand this. And since you were banned at q3w I can only guess you were causing drama there as well, and somebody took action.

skinmaster wrote:
the true(apparent) roots of importance here.. are not us mappers. the only thing they care about is that they control us properly.


I don't think anyone else is feeling that way. But yes, some control is needed. It's a competition, there are some nice prizes to win, and we're on the internet. What did you expect?

skinmaster wrote:
im a "villian" to maverick.. someone to bully and punish. I've been bullied more the past few days buy children who pretend to be adults... im tired of tryig to teach the child his mistakes without threatening him,.. while he teaches me he thinks everyting i say is a mstake.. and shows me he has the right to edit my contr4ibutions.personally ive been threatened with consequence more than five times here already."if yo do that.. i will consequence you..""if you= then you will "earn punishment".. im not stupid.


Apparently, he had valid reasons to warn you. Maverick is an experienced forum admin, running the noghost forum since 2003, he encountered a lot of drama, and he knows how to deal with it. If you were warned, or your posts were deleted, you surely deserved it.

skinmaster wrote:
punishment is not allowed to be earned. only bad people think punishment is good.


Nonsense.

skinmaster wrote:
personally i bet he comes in here, deletrs all my threads and my account and says something like "we should forget that i was ever here, and o yeah forget about how i stereotyped him and discriminated too.. y.. why/ why did i think i had the right to bully one child into being an adult?a child comes to a gaming site about fighting. everyone there says:behave like a professional adult game designer!dont fight!dont play!and dont talk back to us!ANd please dont notice.. we all talk back to you.


I'm not sure if I get everything you were trying to say, but in my opinion it's you who should act more mature. Maverick is investing a lot of his time to make this competition happen. This is the second competition hosted by him, the first one was pretty successful. If you'd go by the rules and listen to him everything would be fine, yet you want everything to be your way. Aren't you acting a bit stubborn?


Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:01 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:03 pm
Posts: 68
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
I don't get your point. Seriously to me your pov sounds like "I wanna be the king and only do, post and say what I want and noone can tell me that I'm wrong or I will jump off the competition" and that's really childish.

1. It is a COMPETITION and a COMPETITION has rules to follow. With entering the COMPETITION you accepted this rules and promised to obey them as good as you can. Hopefully you now got that this here is a COMPETITION.

2. I really like your map it has some interesting architecture and terrain. I don't really like the theme, but in general it's really good and probably even has the chance to get into Top 3.
You are wondering why noone posted some improvement comments. Well there are probably two possible reasons:

Reason 1: The people are bussy with their own maps or with their RL/Job whatever. So they did not have the time to download and test it and aftherwards write something in here.

Reason 2: People have tested it but don't have something to add because they can't judge the map (never played something simmilar) or simply find it perfect.

For myself it's reason 1.

3. In a forum there has to be some controll or it will mutate to something i normally call ESR (esreality). To explain: No structure, only troll and drama, no real critizism only raging and arguing.

I personally don't experience any kind of pressure from mav or other people they let me do my work and also post all i wan't if it does not violate the rules they have set.

But fine if you don't compete i won't cry it's your decision and by leaving you give me and the others more chances for a Top3-Finish.

Bye Bye

RIP sncymdm1


Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:40 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 76
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
drama is defined as day to day life.

rayj-ing and argh you wing.

yes. and an argh.. is an argh.. if i am told that i am the cause of an argh someone else elicits..

they are the ARGH-er. and i get punished.

im used to being told that its only me and its my fault and im the cause.. thats because im alive and im me. and because im me.. you can point at me and say :PROBLEM--->me

and problems must be told to go away.. or pee-you! nished(fit into the you stink box).. punish the subject of discrimination.. he does a certain thing a certain way.. hes bad. remove him!


punishment is punishment is punishment.
bad is bad is bad

and censorship is boring. quake is a FIGHTING game. its a drama engine!


Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:41 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 76
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
im going to continue workin on the world.. since my life is so pathetic that ive got nothing else to do anyway..


Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 231
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
Oh skinmaster.

I'm truly am sorry you didn't get any comments on your map thread. *shrug* This should have no influence on your continuing or not though, at least not in my eyes. Your choice though. If you want to release it as an alpha then I will gladly put it on the test servers, as I've done with all the other alphas released thus far.

You wrote, "im a not appreciated or liked.. or understood," and I really think this hits the nail on the head. In almost all your posts I think your intentions are good, but they somehow come off just the wrong way or aren't presented well. IE: You post a relatively unsolicited link to textures only to be bashed because it is a bit insulting. It seems harmless in action, yet when people read that their reactions vary greatly and you end up getting flamed.

Many (but not all) of the comments and posts that I have had to remove thus far have mainly been attributed to you blatantly disregarding the rules. Off topic posts, posting when asked not to, causing drama, etc. I have PM'd you about your behavior as well as to clarify why your posts have been removed. And don't think I don't monitor your actions at Quake3World. You got banned there for similar reasons as I have described, so I'm not alone in issuing you warnings as to your posting behavior. I have tried my hardest to not specifically target you and your posts were not the only ones removed.

Against my better judgement, you started a topic on this forum after you got banned in a similar one at Q3W. As requested I moved your topic last night, but added the comment that this is a no-drama zone; this comment was only there to head-off any issues that could occur as a result of the post, rather than an attack on you or anyone else who may reply. I apologize if my comment sounded rude, it wasn't meant to be.

It is up to you whether to continue or not, but please don't point the finger at me saying that I alone am causing you pain and that you are innocent.


Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 221
Location: Somewhere near Berlin
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
Yo, man, I wanted to play your map but I didn't have much time the last two days.

_________________
Portfolio
Twitter


Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:40 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 76
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
heres the key in there..

"only to be bashed because(it was judged and juyified) it is a bit insulting."

then i was bashed.
and then i was told that the bash was warrented.

i didnt bash anyone. i was helping.

and they bashed me...

and you say that giving a link to a texture is an insult.

you say he considers my post insulting so he insults me..

i get punished and he gets a pat on the back.
LOL

hypocrite: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

insulting someones ))supposed insult to berate them is the above.


Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 76
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
Image


Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 231
Post Re: sncymdm1 - skin{ncn}master QUITTING DUE TO PREJUDICE
It is a bit interesting to see you interpretation of the event, so here's what I saw:

-I saw you post a relatively unsolicited link to a texture set; it seemed relevant to the topic however no one requested a link to be posted
-I saw responses to it calling it out as being unwarranted and insulting and you were bashed for it
-You responded to said bashes with your own bashes
-I stepped in and removed all bashes, leaving the original link to a texture set untouched since I believe your intentions were not to insult, but were rather to help. I then posted a reply saying that drama isn't acceptable and off-topic posts are going to be removed. Up until this point I was still on your side.
-You then posted three more times, even after I asked you not to; these posts were subsequently removed. You were asked not to provoke the situation further and you ignored my requests.

If you return to your post of the texture link you'll notice that your original post is still there. At no point did I say you being bashed (or your response to it) was warranted or not, nor did I say you were being punished for posting a link. I did however state that posting after I've asked you not to is bad. I communicated to all parties involved that this type of behavior isn't acceptable on these forums; no one was given a "pat on the back" as you have stated.


Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.